Root Canal Treatment – Lunenburg, Fitchburg, MA
What does Root Canal Treatment involve?
Root canal treatment may involve one or more dental visits. Today’s Dental will perform the necessary steps to save your tooth:
First, your tooth is numbered for your comfort. A thin sheet of latex rubber is placed over your tooth to keep it dry. An opening is made through the crown of the tooth into the pulp chamber.
- The tooth’s nerve or pulp is removed from the pulp chamber and root canal (the space inside the root). Each root canal is cleaned and shaped so it can be filled.
- Your dentist may place medicine in the pulp chamber and root canal to help rid it of bacteria.
- The root canals are usually filled with a rubber-like material to seal them.
- A temporary filling is then placed in the tooth to prevent contamination of the root canals. You might be given antibiotics if the infection has spread beyond the end of the root(s).
- During the next stage of treatment, the dentist removes the temporary filling and restores the tooth with a crown or a filling to strengthen it and improve the way it looks.
How long will the restored tooth last?
When properly restored, a tooth with a root canal filling can last for many years. But, like any other tooth, it can become decayed or fractured or the tissue around it can get gum disease. Daily cleanings and regular dental exams will help keep your mouth healthy, whether you’ve had a root canal treatment or not.
Please use the form on any page to contact us online. If you need immediate assistance, please call us at:
We have received your form submission and appreciate your feedback. If you have any additional questions or comments please feel free to contact us directly.
We hope to see you again soon!
Drill Free Dentistry
Night Guards for TMJ
Laser Dentistry, Dental Diode Laser
585 Massachusetts Ave.
, MA 01462
Existing Patients: (978) 293-5593